Shaving your face is a big thing in the beauty community. There are quite a few benefits to it and I wanted to get in on the action to see what all the fuss was about. So, I went to see my friend Saira Bakhsh at Theory Aesthetics for a Dermaplaning treatment, aka, having my face professionally shaved. 🙂
WHAT IS DERMAPLANING?
Dermaplaning is a method of exfoliating the skin by using a scalpel to gently scrape off the top layer of dull, dead skin cells in order to reveal a smoother, brighter complexion.
It’s a non-invasive, skin rejuvenation treatment that removes vellus hairs (peach fuzz) from your face to leave your skin smooth all over. This treatment will also trigger your own growth factors, sending signals to your cells for healing, thus producing more collagen and elastin. This helps with plumping and firming. Let’s be real ladies. That’s something we all desire!
WHO IS IT FOR?
Dermaplaning is ideal for clients who are looking to resurface the skin, reduce pigmentation and improve overall clarity. It’s a great alternative for people who dislike chemical peels or are uncomfortable with microdermabrasion treatments. Dermaplaning may not be suitable for clients that suffer from advanced forms of acne or rosacea.
I TRIED IT FOR MYSELF
Follow Saira and I in this quick video as we take you through a Dermaplaning Treatment with 02 Lift.
The Steps of my Treatment at Theory Aesthetics:
1. Cleanse – Gel to Milk Cleanser
2. Enzymatic Peel – *The benefits of doing the Dermaplaning with the O2 Lift is that it will help to loosen and remove dead skin cells prior to treatment. Ingredients listed below:
- Papaya Enzyme exfoliation
- Pineapple Enzyme exfoliation
- Willow bark extract Exfoliating; anti-microbial
- Green tea leaf extract Soothing; reduces redness
- Ginseng root extract Potent antioxidant; increases collagen production
- Rosemary leaf extract Promotes circulation
3. Prep – Witch Hazel to de-grease the skin for dermaplaning
5. Oxygenating Mask to improve circulation, speeds healing and eliminates toxins. Powerful antioxidants protect against free radical damage and potent brightening blend reduces pigmentation, illuminating and brightening the skin.
6. Stem Cell Booster/Enhancer which will help to extend cell life. High in antioxidant protection and power.
7. Moisturizing SFP + Lip Treatment
GIVE IT A TRY!
Are you interested in trying Dermaplaning OR have you done it before and have an opinion on the treatment? Leave a comment below and tell me about your experience.
You can book treatments with Saira at Theory Aesthetics. Go to her website, www.theoryaesthetics.com and send her a message. She would love to meet you!