If you’re new to cryo, here’s how it works. There are 3 basic steps in the process.
1. Purify– once the session begins, the blood vessels and muscles will start to tighten. This is then forcing the blood away from the surface of your body and draws it to your core which is your body’s natural filtration system helping to cleanse toxins and inflammation.
2. Oxygenate– after your 2-3 minute session, the fresh and oxygenated blood rushes back to your muscles and tissues. The cleansed blood brings nutrients that help with your skin and muscular benefits. This will continue to benefit your body even after your session has ended.
3. Recover– over the next 48 hours, your body will still reap the benefits. Cryotherapy will bring you back to your optimal performace.
(Source: Jon Ric Medspa)
As you can see in the video, I was a bit anxious, but excited to get into the cryo booth. I imagined it would be much colder than it was, so I was prepared to be turned into a popsicle. Fortunately, that didn’t happen! 🙂 It was cold, but very tolerable. Up until the last minute, I didn’t notice any tingling sensations, but when I did the sensations were only in my calves. The spa provides fluffy socks and booties to wear as well as thick gloves so your extremities are protected. After a few minutes, the session was over and I was helped out of the cryo booth.
The initial sensations I felt after my session was tingling from the warmth returning to my body and then I got a rush of energy. It felt like I could run a marathon. Honestly, that’s the most energy I’ve had all year. Quite amazing! Within a few hours, I became very tired so I went to bed and slept hard once I fell asleep. One of the benefits of Cryotherapy is an increased REM sleep cycle and I definitely felt that. Here’s an extended list of the benefits of Cryotherapy.
- Triggers Anti-Inflammatory Response
- Helps alleviate chronic pain
- Boosts recovery post exercise or injury
- Boosts metabolic rate for several hours
- Produces calorie burn for weight loss
- Boosts endorphins and elevates mood
- Helps treat anxiety and depression
- Increases REM sleep and reduces fatigue
- Anti-Aging: Boosts collagen production
- Boosts immune system
- Improves performance and energy levels
I loved my experience at Jon Ric Medspa in Vinings. The team is dynamite and really cares about helping you achieve your goals. Check out their website for a full list of their service offerings.
>>>>>>>>DO YOU WANT TO TRY CRYOTHERAPY?<<<<<<<<
If you want to give Cryo a try, be sure to take advantage of this special offer only for Hello Lesa readers! 3 sessions for $99!!! That’s a savings of $111! It expires on September 1, 2018 so hurry and don’t miss out!
This post was sponsored by Jon Ric Medspa & Cryotherapy. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting Hello Lesa collabs.